So... I've been wanting to blog about this movie for a while now (Well, just since I first saw it, last week. But since that was the night after Dani Emmy got engaged, I thought I should blog about that first.) The Dark Knight - is amazing. Pure and simple. It was just a freaking GOOD movie. Yes, its dark. Much darker than the first ones. About the only light moments are when Alfred is cracking a wise joke (Michael Caine is hilarious!). Some people laughed at the Joker a lot, but I have to say... I hardly laughed at him at all. I was engrossed and enthralled by Heath Ledger's performance, he was absolutely brilliant. Completely immovable. But he wasn't funny. He wasn't supposed to be. Even when he's making "jokes"... they're not jokes. He's dead serious. But oh my, what a performance. I sincerely hope he's at least nominated for an Oscar for it. It was incredible. He totally put his mind and soul and every ounce of who he is into playing that character. I almost forget its Heath I'm watching (which is some neat trick, because he's freaking gorgeous.) I am so sad to this day about his death. He's been one of my favorite actors since I saw him in A Knights Tale. This was truly a legendary and groundbreaking performance. His last and best work in my opinion.
As for the rest of the cast - oh my. Christian Bale is the perfect Batman. He's serious, driven, and "immovable object" in the Joker's words. But he's also a hunk and completely able to pull off the playboy image of Bruce Wayne. Perfect. And I am so happy about the casting of Maggie Gyllenhall. I am not much of a fan of Katie Holmes, and she didn't do that great of a job in the first movie. Maggie was brilliant. As was Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman (possibly the BEST understated actor ever. He's fantastic!!!), and Aaron Eckhart. You truly feel Two-Face's pain! And Christopher Nolan is right up there at the top of my Favorite Director's list. The man is a genius.
Wow... I better stop ranting, cuz this post is getting long. In short, if you haven't seen this movie... go see it. Don't take your kids. It's too dark. But GO SEE IT.

4 comments:
Bryan and I went to see this tonight. Your right it was very good! it would have been alot better without Peyton!!
You've talked me into it. I'm going to see it, I like to wait until the crowds die down before I see a movie so that it's not completely packed and I can put my feet on the chair in front of me. Anyway, I can't wait to see it! It's been awhile since I've seen a good movie.
I must see this soon...must must! but thanks for the comment. i hope so... your the best!!!!!!!!
katie holmes > Maggie Gyllenhall
Maggie Gyllenhall must be one of the least pretty girls i have ever seen in a movie.
Post a Comment