So, for the past two weeks I've been down in St. George playing "Mom" for my parents while they are on an Alaskan cruise for their 25th Anniversary. I love you Mum and Pops!!
Well, I've had some fun cooking down here (cuz my Mum's pantry is much more well stocked than my poor-college-student one is), and the other night I watched the Barefoot Contessa cook a delicous looking spaghetti and meatballs (which as a general rule isn't something I usually eat) and this... how do I describe it... devastatingly DELICOUS delectable DIVINE garlic bread. Oh my, I cannot even describe how much I wanted this garlic bread. She made a herb and garlic olive oil spread and put it all over this yummy ciabatta bread with some butter and baked it. Oh my, oh my, oh MY! It looked like heaven on earth! Literally!!! So, of course I had to make it. And I figured if I was going to make the bread, I might as well make the entire meal. I was so excited. :)
Sadly, there was no picture of the garlic bread :(
Well, sadly I had already cooked dinner that night. So I decided I would do it the next evening (last night). I couldn't find ciabatta bread (which, btw, is delicous. Great substitute for English Muffins if you don't like those, tastes great with steak sandwhiches, eggs, anything. One of my favorite breads - those Italians are so SMART!), but I found some delicious seminola bread (also delicous, but softer than ciabatta).
Well, I was sure my mom would have some ground meat, but I had used the last of the turkey for some Chili Ole a couple days previously (no regrets about that! Fantastic!!), and I couldnt' find any beef. But I did find frozen hamburgers. So I unthawed them and used them for my meatballs. (BTW, this morning I found some ground beef in the freezer - in like the one place I didn't look, of course).
Well, I made the meatballs, the sauce, the INCREDIBLE bread, and we all ate. (Though my brothers told me after I started cooking that they didn't like spaghetti - figures. :P) The spaghetti and meatballs were good - its still not my favorite dish, but it was good. But the bread, AH!! I loved it!! It was incredible, such amazing flavor, it just seeped all into the bread and AH! So good. I need to make it again. Soon. :) Good thing Teece likes garlic - cuz there's a LOT in it. :)
Speaking of my man, yes I do indeed miss him. Like a LOT. Can't wait to get back to Provo. :) :) :) Cuz he just moved into Glenwood! Now we'll only live 5 minutes away from each other. WOOHOO!!
My brothers have been great though, I loves them. :) I'll miss you guys!
Love you all!!!

3 comments:
Abbie, I have always thought you were adorable and such a wonderful girl. Now I KNOW it! Taking care of your brothers so your parents can have this time together is so good of you, so generous, but to also cook amazing meals for them is terrific!
Umm...bread recipe please?
Sounds good! You need to post the recipe!
The question about my quitting can be answered by reading the post just below the one about restaurant behavior. :)
Spaghettis isn't my fave either! But I LOVE the Barefoot Contessa's Parmesean Chicken Recipe, It calls for a lemon vinegarette that is scrumptious! Love it!
Post a Comment