Isn't Conference weekend just great? I alwasy find myself wishing it wouldn't end, that we could keep listening to wonderful talks, eating delicous food (that's always my favorite part when I'm home for Conference :) ), and enjoying time spent together as a family. It's almost like another Christmas to me. :)
Well, this year I did not get to travel home to my family, sadly. But I did get to spend it with my sweetheart. :) It was a fun-filled weekend, I'm telling you!
Friday night, I took Teece out to experience his first Jdawg. Now, if you have never had a Jdawg, I must say, you've GOT to go try one. Even if hot dogs are only something you kind of like (like myself), you need to have one. It's like no hot dog you've ever eaten. The second after Teece bit into it, he got this wide-eyed look of "Woah!" and said, "You could put this on a plate just plain with nothing on it, and it'd still be one of the best things ever!" Yea, he's right on. Jdawgs are GOOOOOD!!!
Later that night we went to the BYU vs. USU game! Go Cougs!! (And thanks Gramps for the tickets!!) We took our friends Dallin and Brittney, and it was a grand old time! Sad day though, none of us remembered a camera... But BYU won, so the night was good!!
The next day, Teece and I drove up to SLC between Conference sessions to go to lunch with a lady he taught in France, and a bunch of guys from his mission. It was super fun! - even though they were all speaking in French and I couldn't understand a word. :) At one point, when Teece was jabbering away to the lady in French, he got a phone call. Now, his hands were covered in BBQ sauce, because he was eating ribs. So he couldn't really answer. He turned to me to ask me to answer it, but he said it in French, and then when I didn't respond he said it again. I was like, "What babe? I don't speak French." Haha, he'd totally been in the groove and forgotten what language he was speaking. Funny funny. :) My man is quite talented, yes indeed. :)
Us with the guest of honor, Marie-Laure
Well, that night while Teece was at Priesthood with his dad and brother, I took his little sister Shaye (Bubba is her nickname) to the elementary school nearby and we played on the playground. That girl is a monkey-bar magician! She can do all of them, multiple times, in multiple ways, and never gets tired! I still can't do the monkey-bars very well! After going back to the Taylor's, we all had Wallaby's (another place you all need to try!) and it was delicous! Thank you Taylor fam!
Here's Bubba!
The next day we spent with his family, watching Conference, eating popcorn, playing "Last Word" - which got pretty intense! - and having a grand old time. His fam is great!
I think my favorite speakers were Elder Eyring and Elder Holland - which they usually are. :) They always seem to speak right to me. I love this gospel, I love our prophets and apostles, and I know they're ordained to be the leaders of Christ's church upon this earth. The gospel is true, and its wonderful!!
All in all, it was a grand Conference weekend. I missed my family like crazy, but I still enjoyed the times I had up here. :)
Love you all!!!
1 comment:
It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! We did too. So...you are now calling him your sweetheart? Hmm...!
Post a Comment