Quote of the Day

"Oh don't be so stupid of course we intend to resist, just give us a moment!"

~Disney's The Three Musketeers


Sunday, May 25, 2008

Latest cooking adventure!


Today, I finally went over to my Gramps and Gramzie's and made my Gramzie her birthday dinner (her birthday was in February - I'm horrible, I know!). Anywho, I decided to make Citrus Fish with Bell Pepper Couscous... except I used chicken (fish is expensive!!). So, I went over there, and after talking for a few hours, I proceeded to make dinner. Well, we had a few mess ups. First, I used too small of a pan for the couscous. So I had to switch to a bigger one - creating a mess. Then, I realized I had used too much chicken stock (a MAJOR boo-boo when making couscous!), so I had to dump a bunch out, creating more of a mess. Luckily, I managed (perhaps with a little help from above) to save the couscous. It actually turned out quite tasty!

I then moved on to the chicken. Well, there was no indoor grill pan available, so I decided to cook them in the oven. Unbeknownst to me, however, cooking chicken in the oven takes a LONG time. After about half an hour, I switched to the frying pan. STILL it took about another 20 minutes. Goodness me...

Anywho, all in all it turned out great. I just felt a bit silly - I like to think I'm all professional and sophisticated in the kitchen. Turns out, I'm really a big goof just having fun. :)

No comments: