Quote of the Day

"Oh don't be so stupid of course we intend to resist, just give us a moment!"

~Disney's The Three Musketeers


Saturday, April 12, 2008

I saw, I ran, I finished my first 5K!


Today I ran my VERY FIRST 5K! It was great, I totally feel like I accomplished something. Granted, I run about 3.2 miles (Yes Mike, you were right, its not 2.5... boo) a couple times a week, but I am still so proud of myself! Maybe its that old swimming training left in me. I ran with my roommate Adrienne Schneider (who has 2 soccer games today, but she still ran it! She amazes me...), and her brothers Cam and Bryce. Cam was a bit dismayed that we were actually going to run it, not walk, but we made it fun! Running up trees, talking and waving to people in cars, playing "Follow the Leader," having water fights with the cups they handed out along the way, and even making a bathroom stop at the Creamery halfway through (that was my fault...). At the end, while everyone else was cutting corners (shame shame!), I over-achieved, and then sprinted to the end! Of course, Cam and Bryce weren't going to let me win that easily, so they sprinted and cut me off at the end. Hmmpf. :) But then, we entered the raffle, and guess who TOTALLY won?! Yep, me. $25 Gift Card to Zupas! I've never won anything in my life! This was a first! That's what you get for not cutting corners. :) Basically, it was a GREAT time. Now I'm ready for another one!!

2 comments:

Hansen Family said...

So what was your time abbie? I am running the breast cancer 5k in may. I am not sure how well I will do but i am doing it.

Abbie said...

Ya Jeni! I think it was about 30 mins. We took a potty break along the way though. :) It was fun, we just ran it to have fun and it was great! Where is this one being held in May? In Henderson? I'm stoked for you!!