Quote of the Day

"Oh don't be so stupid of course we intend to resist, just give us a moment!"

~Disney's The Three Musketeers


Friday, December 12, 2008

25 tags of Christmas...

Jeni Christmas tagged me! Yahoo!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?

  • Wrapping paper. Gift bags are too easily peaked into. And where's the fun in knowning your gifts?!
2. Real tree or Artificial?

  • I'd like to say real (they do smell quite good!), but putting lights on them is a pain. I love our pre-lighted tree that we just pop together and plug in. :) Plus, no constant sweeping and watering!
3. When do you put up the tree?

  • Kat puts it up the day after Thanksgiving (though last year she was not living at home and I was, so my Mum and I put it up)
4. When do you take the tree down?

  • I don't know. I'm never around for that part. Sometime around the New Year
5. Do you like eggnog?

  • MMM Yes! I don't really have a favorite brand, though I've been told I need to try Southern eggnog (non-alcoholic of course)
6. Favorite gift received as a child?

  • Hmmm.... I don't know. I know one I stil cherish to this day are my copies of Robin McKinley's Blue Sword and The Hero and the Crown. They're falling apart I read them so much. Oh, and my porcelin dolls!!!
7. Hardest person to buy for?

  • My dad. Ah, he just buys stuff for himself so I never know what to get him!
8. Easiest person to buy for?

  • Walker and Isaac. Brothers are nice and simple. :)
9. Do you have a nativity scene?

  • Yep! My Mum has a big gorgeous one at home, and my roommates and I have a small one on our kitchen table! So cute.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?

  • Oh, totally Christmas cards. Be traditional, show you care.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?

  • I don't think I've ever had a bad gift.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?

  • Elf. :) and The Grinch. Oh, and Santa Claus is Coming to Towne.
13. When do you start shopping?

  • Well... seeing as I haven't started yet... mid-December? :)
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?

  • For White Elephants only
15. Favorite thing to eat or drink at Christmas?

  • All the fun things I get to cook. My daddy gives me free reign on Christmas :)
16. Lights on the tree?

  • Oh yes. I like white - more classy.
17. Favorite Christmas song?

  • "Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire" - I think that's the official title. Anywho, I love it!
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?

  • Well, since my family up and moved away, I travel now. But I get to be warm, so I can't complain. :)
19. Can you name all of Santa 's reindeer?

  • Yes. Would you like proof?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?

  • In my apartment we have a star, but at home we have a Santa Claus! Way cool...
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?

  • Actually, my family opens them the whole week of Christmas. We open our brother and sisters gifts (one each night) the week of Christmas so we can concentrate on each one specifically. Then we open our pajamas (and my parents deny that they actually bought us pajamas every year, right up until we open them). And then everything else Christmas day.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?

  • That people start celebrating Christmas before we've celebrated Thanksgiving. Appreciate each holiday for its own people!!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?

  • Um... green?
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?

  • We usually have ham, potatoes, and all sorts of scrumptious things... MMM!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?

  • No idea. It's gonna be a surprise for me! :)

Now, I tag Heather, Bryn, and Katie.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

1 comment:

Trisha Jo said...

How fun! And I love your new background!