Quote of the Day

"Oh don't be so stupid of course we intend to resist, just give us a moment!"

~Disney's The Three Musketeers


Thursday, January 1, 2009

My 2008....

Well, since it is a New Year and I am officially turning 21 tomorrow (actually, in like 15 mins!!) I thought I'd take some time and remember all the things that have happened to me this past year...

~Turned 20! No more teens for me!
~Moved to Provo
~Lived at Glenwood with my amazing Adri!!
~Had some... interesting roommates
~Started at BYU!!!
~Plunged into the dating world of BYU - including experiences of being asked out by boss's brothers and random boys who sat next to me in Devotional
~Continued to write my AMAZING missionaries during their final year!
~Had a steady boyfriend
~Worked at the CE (Civil Engineering) Office at BYU
~Changed majors... again
~Took my third (and final!) language
~Had an awesome Green River trip!
~Started at the dear old BO!
~Lived with my bestest best Katie sister!
~Had more interesting roommates...
~Served as Relief Society Second Counselor
~Went to MMT 08! Happy Moob!!!
~Had a grand summer full of working, pie parties, outdoor movies, and play time
~Moved to Raintree - to room with Kristina!!
~Had (finally!) some AWESOME roommates!
~Added a minor onto my major
~Took Statstics - and passed!!
~Had my first professor who hated me
~Awarded Employee of the Month at BO in September
~Dressed up as a Superhero for Halloween
~Continued to write my missionaries!!!
~Lots of visits home to my familia now in St. George
~Set goals to improve myself spiritually, mentally and physically
~Awarded Employee of the Year 2008 at Brick Oven
~Had an amazing Christmas
.... and a very happy year in general!

I am seriously so very very blessed. My 20th year has been absolutely incredible. I have been blessed so much. I've grown closer to my Heavenly Father and I love him so very much. I've met wonderful new friends, stayed in touch with old ones, and grown even closer to my family. I've learned in school, at work, at home, at play... in every aspect of my life. I know I'm being watched out for and that there are many new experiences for me to learn from and grow from every day.

This coming semester (year) is the one I have been waiting for for two years. My missionaries are starting to come home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Teece is the first of my closest friends to come home - one month!!! DJ follows him by a couple weeks, and Dallin a few weeks after that. And then they just come flooding home. I cannot express how excited I am to see them all again.

2008 was great - and 2009 is gonna be fine! :)

I love you all! Happy New Year!!!

5 comments:

Marianne said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABBIE!!!!
Keep on lovinglife and writing fun blog posts for me to read!

Tanner Mills said...

you were employee of the year? nice. i guess i missed the bowling party.

Hansen Family said...

Happy b-day little sis! You have had a fabulous year I hope this year is just as good if not better! oh and i can't believe your 21 crazy

Gardner Clan said...

I am so sorry that I missed your birthday this year. I am feeling horrible, but had a real big family issue come up that kinda consumed us for a few days. Forgive me, please? I love you dearly and think you are such an amazing woman Love ya!

At our Whitt's End said...

Happy Birthday Abbie! You are an amazing girl, and so glad that you are part of our lives. Love the blog....but more than that I love you and your family! Jordy moved to Raintree with Lindsay Schaak...look her up!