I GOT MY STARS!!!
At work. The ol' BO. I am officially a Star Server. Basically, this means I met a bunch of qualifications and worked there for over 6 months. I'm stoked! I get a brand new tie, stars on my name tag, and a raise! Like 20 cents.... But still. :) My friend Heather got them the same day as me. We ROCK!
In other news, I saw Valkyrie with my roommies tonight. Um... not too impressed. First, I'm not a Tom Cruise fan (and he was definately too "Tom Cruisey" in this movie for me). Second, one of my favorite actors ever (Kenneth Branaugh!!) was in the film.... and he wasn't there for the majority of it. BOO! Third, it doesn't really build up to much, because you know what's going to happen. Everyone knows how Hitler died -and it wasn't because of a plot organized by his generals. So it almost felt like you knew the end before it happened. What was cool/weird though, was that the casting director seemed to lift the entire Pirates cast and placed them in the movie. Becket was in it, his henchman (I never learned his name in Pirates??), Davy Jones (though you'd be hard pressed to recognize him since he doesn't have tentacles in this movie) and Mr. Gibbs. Interesting....
More news - I have an interview with my bishop tomorrow. I think I'm finally getting a calling. They've decided its been too long. :) Our friend Paul made us Thai food this week. It was GOOD! And Kristina is making pork tenderloin and funeral potatoes tomorrow (I would normally call them Yummy potatoes - but that only applies to my Mum's version :) ). And I've decided I offically LOVE my classes this semester! Except for my Poly Sci one - but that's just cuz I haven't learned anything new yet. :)
Happy Sunday everyone! LOVE YA!!

2 comments:
congrats on your stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
way to go abbie! I can't wait to come in again. You need to teach me how to get all the fun little things you have on your blog!
Post a Comment