Quote of the Day

"Oh don't be so stupid of course we intend to resist, just give us a moment!"

~Disney's The Three Musketeers


Thursday, January 8, 2009

Pills and Bills

*Warning: If you're a guy and don't like reading/discussing womanly things - please stop reading now. :) Have a great day!*

So, I finally gave in and went back to a dermatologist. Remember how I said I got SkinID and that I was SO excited because it was working? Yep, only up to a point. Then I broke out even worse. I swear, that is my last time I EVER try topical acne treatments. :P

Anywho, like I said I gave in and went back to a dermatologist to be put on Accutane again. I was hoping he'd be like my old dermatoloigst and just let me choose "abstinence" for my pregnancy prevention. But he didn't. I honestly wasn't surprised, since if I get pregnant on Accutane, its essentially his fault. And now one wants that on their heads. :) (If you didn't know, Accutane can cause severe birth defects - so the government monitors it VERY closely).

So, the point of this whole schpiel is that I am once again going on Accutane!!! Yahoo! I know it works, and its normal for people to have to go through a few cycles of it. But the change this time is that I get to be on birth control.

WOMANLY PILLS!!! :)

Haha, yep. It's like I'm getting married or something... except that I'm not. I'm just getting on the woman pill. So really... it's not like I'm getting married at all. Haha!! My dermatologist is putting me on Yaz (it's the pill with the comercial with all the balloons flying in the air...) and I'm a bit... nervous. I've heard of all sorts of crazy side effects from birth control and it frankly scares me. And it could make you gain weight - which terrifies me.

Boo on womanly pills.

Anywho, I got them tonight and get to start them soon. Is anyone else on Yaz? Any advice you'd give? :)

In other news, money is rotten. And buying books is rotten. I don't think I should EVER have to pay over $100 for a book. Used or new or otherwise. The End.

Ok, I'm done schpieling. LOVE YA!!!

7 comments:

Sami Dara said...

I wasn't on Yaz... but one of my roommates was on something for acne a couple of years ago and she was sooo MOODY! She would just snap at me for no apparent reason. haha.

I was on "the ring" (birth control) before this baby. It doesn't help with acne or anything but some women said it had weird side effects. I didn't have a problem.

My gyno at the time told me some women gain weight right after they get married and blame it on the birth control and the birth control had nothing to do with it.

Either way, good luck. Maybe we can work out together after I have this baby! :)

LANKY and KARIS said...

Good luck on the pill. I hate birth control. But you gotta do what you gotta do. i have changed 4 times already.. We need to get together sometime since we are so close!!!! Let me know when you are free! I would love to see you.

Kevin said...

i liked your warning. not like i care though. lol. but good luck wiht the acutane and birth control. guys these days know that girls don't have to be having sex to be on birth control. well i think most guys. lol

Trisha Jo said...

Hey! I haven't been on Yaz, but I am on a very similar pill. Watch your mood, seriously. They can turn you really nasty or emotional. I didn't really have a problem with the weight gain on it, so don't be freaked out too much.

K love ya! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I love that you call them "Woman Pills" There really is no other way to describe them! And just so you know, I also had to pay $100 for a book this semester. Ugh!! I thought I was poor, now I really am. love ya!

Tiona said...

I guess I'll stand out here. I've been on a few different pills, due to insurance, Planned Parenthood, and doctors preference. Yes, you can get moody on them, but that passes after a few months. Your body just needs to adjust to the extra hormones. I didn't notice much weight gain, I think I did gain weight, but I blamed that mostly on eating crappy food.

But I can tell you, I love being on 'womanly pills'. Shorter periods, not as bad as cramps, clearer skin, and I'm a happy lady.

Hansen Family said...

I had to get on the pill for the same reason in high school and i didn't notice anything diffrent except my boobies got bigger!!
that was the only side effect for me. They aren't to bad your body does just have to adjust. Plus sometimes the hormones in the pill can actually help with acne to.