Quote of the Day

"Oh don't be so stupid of course we intend to resist, just give us a moment!"

~Disney's The Three Musketeers


Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Tale of Abbie's Saturday

Hello my friends! I have a wonderful story to tell you about my amazing Saturday....
I woke up this morning and did my laundry. Didn't have to fight with anyone over the dryers or anything (oh how nice it will be when I'm in my condo and have my own washer and dryer!). I then cleaned myself up and headed to the mall. I had made good money the previous night and decided I could afford a little shopping spree (keeping, of course, to a strict spending limit). At first I was determined to buy a new pair of jeans... but I wasn't really in the mood (You know how you have to be in the right mood to buy jeans? Cuz you know you'll be trying on 50 billion pairs and will just feel fatter the more you try on? Ya, wasn't feeling that today). I then decided to buy a bra, and while I found one I think I really liked at Vicky's - I wasn't sure I wanted to spend $50 on it - though I always spend that on my bras. I just wasn't in the mood today.

So then I mosied on over to the Gap - my FAVORITE store. No rocks. I found the most adorable, comfortable, and LONG navy blue lounge pants, and a great big purple purse for only $10!!! Ah, I was in high heaven.

My SUPER cute big fat PURPLE purse!!

I wandered the mall some more, but nothing was striking my fancy. So I decided to pop into Maurice's, figuring, what could it hurt? I glanced around a bit before seeing a clearance rack with shoe boxes on top. In the shoe boxes were the most ADORABLE satin, shimmery-gold, peep-toe pumps. They were marked down to $22. Now, this is generally a very good price for a pair of shoes! But I noticed that they were on the clearance rack, which said to take an additional 75% off. I couldn't believe that, these shoes were too cute to be on clearance! So I asked the sales lady and she told me - Yes! They were on clearance! So I got the shoes for $5.50!!! AH!! And to top it off, I found a black pencil skirt there, an item I have had on my necessity list for quite some time.

My HOTT shoes!!!!!!!! Ah, I'm so in love with them :)

I was in high heaven! On my way out I bought myself a Diet DP (as a reward for my amazing shopping!) and then stopped at Graywhale (if you don't know what it is, check it out! It's a store for used DVD's and CDs. SOO awesome) and bought myself Season 7 of Friends - for just $18!!

Ah, I was so proud of myself. So naturally, when I went to work I was still on my shopping high. I was at work for about 2 hours when my manager informed me that I would be serving someone special. And guess who that special person was? None other, than L. Tom Perry. That's right, the apostle. He's offically the happiest man I have ever met. He made sure he knew our names, asked us where we were from, smiled the whole time, and thanked us for being so happy and helpful. We even got to sing Happy Birthday to his daughter and granddaughter!

That's right - I served this amazing man!

So yes, my day was amazing.

"And she lived Happily Ever After ... with her cute new pair of shoes. :)

6 comments:

Ben and Janelle said...

Wasn't that awesome to see Elder Perry there?!?! I was excited when he came up the host desk to get his name down on the list. :) That was my third time seeing him, second at Brick Oven. Yeah!

Bryn said...

Good for you! nothing makes a girl feel good like a cute new pair of cheap shoes! And it's cool that you got to serve Elder Perry.

Marianne said...

Elder Perry knows good pizza! ...oh, and good servers too!

I love the shoes and purse but love the prices even more! It's great when shopping turns out to be cheaper than you thought it would be!

Hansen Family said...

Abbie I just love you! Your shoes were adorable we need to shop together you get great deals! And my opionion on the bra you have to get a good one and to get a good one you have to spend money! that is one thing you shouldn't be cheap on!

Lynsey said...

I'm really jealous about the gap purse! I've been waiting or those to go down in price for quite some time. adorable.

Logan and Carly said...

WOW! Sounds like a pretty amazing day!!! And you found some killer deals! I actually met L. Tom Perry too. He's so funny!!! Didn't you just love him? Well girl, next time you feel like shopping, let me know! LOVES!