Quote of the Day

"Oh don't be so stupid of course we intend to resist, just give us a moment!"

~Disney's The Three Musketeers


Sunday, March 1, 2009

My Daddy - Papa Smurf

So, I was thinking today. My incredible father's birthday was a month ago today. On my Mum's birthday, I did a special blog about her. But I never did for my Daddy - which makes me a horrible daughter. Because guess what friends... I LOVE my Daddy! So, to recompense for my big lapse, I've decided to do a (belated) blog on...

10 Things I Love About My Daddy:

1) I love how devoted and strong he is in the gospel. He studies so much and knows so much. I'm amazed by his faith and his testimony. He is a rock for me to lean on.

2)I love hiking with him. My daddy is the best hiking buddy ever!! We've had so many amazing adventures getting lost in Arches, Mt. Charleston, and wandering on our own randomly made trails. We've had some of our best talks while we were out wandering and they're some of my most treasured memories.

3)I love that he has made me a "tough lady". He always encouraged me to be a lady, but never allowed me to be a pansy. :) Thanks Pops!

4)I love how he comes and sneaks food when I'm cooking. Even though it drives me crazy! - I still think its hilarious.

5) I love how much he loves my Mom. They are best friends and its evident in every aspect of their lives. They are such examples to me.
6) I love how he pushes me to be my very best. No matter what I do, he always helps me be my best. I'm grateful for his high expectations and his absolute belief in me.

7) I love how annoyed he gets at commericials. It's quite funny sometimes :)

8) I love how he easily he interacts with everyone around him. I've never known anyone like my father to make conversation out of nowhere with anyone. I wish I had this talent.

9) I love how well he interacts with children. My daddy is gonna be the best "Bampa" ever! (Along with his equally amazing Nana!)

10) I love how my Daddy loves his family. His parents, his brothers and sisters, his wife, and his children. My daddy loves so well.

I love you Daddy! Sorry for the delay - Happy Birthday!!!!

4 comments:

Marianne said...

Oh Abbie! We love your Dad too! We miss him here. He is the best neighbor to have!
Isn't his b-day the same as my husband's?

Gardner Clan said...

Funny, I love your daddy too! He is a great man and a great brother! And he has raised an equally great little family!

Hansen Family said...

Great post! I agree your dad is the best i love him too!

At our Whitt's End said...

What an amazing tribute, Abb! He is a fine man who is married to an amzing wife with awesome kids! Love you all!