Quote of the Day

"Oh don't be so stupid of course we intend to resist, just give us a moment!"

~Disney's The Three Musketeers


Monday, August 11, 2008

You better have seen this!!!

I hope all you saw the Men's 4x100 Freestyle relay last night. If you didn't, you missed the race of the CENTURY. Literally. I was screaming, shouting, digging my nails into my skin and shaking with excitement and adrenaline! OH MY!!!!! In case you missed it (shame on you!) I'll give a breakdown. But seriously, YouTube it and watch it. NOW.
The French team had been trash talking the USA all day. Saying that they came to Beijing to trash the Americans. Boo on you pompous French boys.

Michael Phelps led off. Kind of a surprise, but not really when you consider he raced his 20om Free Semi-Final only an hour before. He had a good swim, touching second behind France. Garrett Weber-Gale was second, holding steady and having us neck and neck with the French. Cullen Jones was third, coming in about half a body length behind the French. As Jason Leezak jumps in, I'm freaking out. Leezak is INCREDIBLE, but can he make up a half body length in just 100m?! At the 50, the French have still got the lead. I'm dying, freaking out. The last 25 METERS Leezak powers it up. Just as they pass the flags (about 10m from the wall!!!) Leezak takes 3 super power-charged strokes, CATCHING the French and then out-touching them! OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!

I was ECSTATIC!!!! I was at a friends house watching and we were all off the couches, jumping and screaming. I was shaking for half an hour after. And did you see the look on all of their faces?! The French, completely dumbstruck (that's what comes from being prideful boys! Learn your lesson). The Americans - freaking out! And I bet you anything, Michael Phelps was not thinking "Yes! One more gold! My biggest hurdle is over!" No. He was purely ecstatic for his team. What his TEAM had done, not he himself. Way to be USA!!!!

OH boy, if you just read all that, you better be pumped and feeling patriotic. So, go NOW to http://www.nbcolympics.com/ and watch it yourself!!!


GO USA!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Tanner Mills said...

i like the new layout :)