Quote of the Day

"Oh don't be so stupid of course we intend to resist, just give us a moment!"

~Disney's The Three Musketeers


Thursday, May 14, 2009

I might be a bit harsh

Okay, so today there was a PTA Conference up on campus. So, during their lunch break, all the ladies decided to come down to Brick Oven. I had four tables full of 6 noisy-loud-rude-obnoxious-condescending-babbling-lousy-tipping ladies. For an hour and a half.

I don't do well with tables full of women (excepting tables full of my aunts, grandparents, sisters - they're excluded). For some reason, they get under my skin. They always seem so loud and obnoxious, they ignore me, they are horribly rude, and they tip lousy.

I think I just may be way to hard on ladies. I like them when they're with their husbands, or families. Just not when they're all out together. I can't stand all the giggling and babbling and handwaving and commands (to me - they treat me like I'm their child) and bossing and glaring looks.

I texted this to my sisters, and Jaynie laughed and told me that I never did get along with lots of women. Is this true? I've never had lots of gal-pals. One or two maybe, and lots of guy friends. I really just think I don't get along with ladies. I've never been able to handle giggling groups of girls. Is this harsh? I think so. Sad day.

So, too all you ladies out there - I'm sorry if I'm ever onery. I'll try and work on it. But in the meantime, could you work on being polite as well? Thanks :)

7 comments:

blim4evans said...

I know exactly what you mean! I feel the same way!!

Marianne said...

Sorry! I am NOT one of those "ladies"! You should get Diana to regale you with tales of working the candy counter in the BYU Bookstore during Women's Conference! Hilarious and disturbing at the same time.

Heather said...

UGH I KNOW what you mean sister. I love you and we as awesome cool friends never get into that stupid giggling girl thing and we NEVER will ok? we should make a pact that if in 5 years from now we get together at the brick oven we wont be rude and obnoxtious to our poor little byu student working at brickoven. AND we will tip them really good.

Diana said...

Abz, it's not just you. Women's conference was ALWAYS hell at the candy counter. (excuse the language). There is something about large groups of women that make them feel threatening and dominant to us poor serving folk. I am sorry love! But I am happy to be one of your gal pals!

Kayla Payne said...

Oh Man, so so so ture! I knew I wasn't the only one that get treated this way. It is crazy how you can just walk up to a table that that and instanly be on edge and feel like you do not even matter. Good news....they leave!

Gardner Clan said...

I totally disliked waiting on a table of women. They do seem that way. I am sorry. Frustrating! I love you and I will try to never be that loud, obnoxious women table with my friends! :)

Hansen Family said...

I will be sure to come in there only when Bryan is with me! not with my friends.