Quote of the Day

"Oh don't be so stupid of course we intend to resist, just give us a moment!"

~Disney's The Three Musketeers


Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Making some changes...

Well friends, I've decided to take a leaf out of my friend Beth's book (thanks for being an inspiration dear!) and make some changes/goals in my life. And since I'm pretty much addicted to blogging, I'm gonna write them all down here so I can have some help and encouragement in achieving them. Go me!
I'm setting these goals because really, I feel a bit stagnant in my life. I love my life completely, but I don't feel like I'm accomplishing anything. I feel as though I'm being mediocre. And ever since the days of swimming (thanks Dee!) I've worked on NOT being mediocre. I want to be the best I can be.

So, I've made some goals here that will help me to become less mediocre, and more the best Me I can possibly be.

Good Habits:
1) 1/2 hour of scripture/gospel study EVERY night.
2) Be IN BED - that means lights out! - By Midnight every weeknight. NO excuses.
3) Wake up by 8:00 AM. Monday through Saturday! - Just hop out of bed and get going.


Body/Food Habits:
1) Running - 4 times a week. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 8:00 AM and a long run on Saturday. I love running, so I just need to go do it!! Remember ... MARATHON!!! :)

2) Eat more veggies and protein

3) Sugar - MODERATION - always moderation. Strive for one serving a day.


School Habits:

1) Go to class. Just GO.

2) Study. No more "winging it"

3) Do my homework. ALWAYS.

4) Reading assignments. Just DO them!

Cooking/Eating Habits:

1) Eat breakfast!! Include fruit and protein.

2) Limit my eating out. Save it for special occasions, not just because I'm craving it. (This includes eating on campus.)
3) Cook dinner! - Either before or after work, but cook a decent, good, healthy dinner!

Work Habits:

1) SMILE at people! And be genuine about it! :)

2) Don't diss on customers (or co-workers). EVER.
3) Always treat managers with respect.

4) Do all of my responsibilities to the BEST of my abilities. No slacking.

5) Keep busy!!


Happier Attitude/Social Habits:

1) Be friendly! :) No sullenness of unsocialness.

2) Make friends! In my ward, classes, work, everywhere I go.

3) SMILE!!!!! Genuinely!

4) Go to all my church meetings and be social in them!

These are my goals to make myself a better person. They're just little changes, but they're important! So wish me luck all! I'll be reporting on my progress weekly.

LOVE YOU ALL! :)

3 comments:

Heather said...

you go girl... this makes me want to be better.... HMMM ?

Sheesh said...

Those sound like some pretty amazing goals!! Good Luck!! But of course I know you don't need luck! You rock!

MeganRuth said...

good luck...you can do em all cuz you are amazing!!!!!