Quote of the Day

"Oh don't be so stupid of course we intend to resist, just give us a moment!"

~Disney's The Three Musketeers


Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Turkey Day!

Thanksgiving this year was awesome! I wasn't "technically" able to ask off work, but with a little bit of help from my friend Chris (Thanks babe for taking my shift babe!) I was able to get Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday off! HUZZAH! So I traveled down to St. George and got to see my amazing family!

On Tuesday I convinced Kat to ditch school and go out to lunch with me. Ya Olive Garden! Then my Mum and I went to Walker's first high school basketball game! He basically rocked. Yup. My little brother rocked. His team won and he had some awesome rebounds, blocks, and shots. GO SPORT! The only low point of the evening was Mr. Annoying sitting behind us. He was one of those guys who must simply give his opinion on everything going on in the game. And is continually negative, convinced that if HE was on the court, he'd know what to do. Now, being a (former) athlete, this kind of attitude drives me INSANE! AH! You can never know what an athlete is going through at a particular moment. You don't know why they chose to do something, or what they're thinking, or what they're trying to do. And I honestly believe if you've been in that situation, you wouldn't be so degrading and judgemental of all the athletes are going through. So honestly... shut it!

Okay, Whew. Sorry, got off on a bit of a tangent there. :)

Anywho, the next day my Mum and I went shopping (ya food shopping!!) and then came home to make dessert. I made a great coconut cream pie, with a homemade crust. Thank you very much. :) Then my sisters and I went to see Twilight!!! It was actually really good. Especially because I went in with low expectations. So I was pleasantly surprised!

Well, Thursday was Thanksgiving!! Ah, best holiday. So full of great yummy food! I got to cook all day with my mum and then had an awesome dinner with my family! My Mum is the most AMAZING cook. Seriously. No rocks.

Well, the next morning I had to wake up early so I could come to work. Sad day. But I was SO grateful to be able to go home for a while and visit my family. I think that's one of the things I'm most grateful for. My amazing family and the time I get to spend with them. On the note of being thankful, I think I'll list the top 10 things I'm grateful for right now...

1) My AMAZING family!!

2) My missionaries. Ah, I LOVE them.

3) My job. It's a good job, I make good money, and I have awesome co-workers and managers. That seriously never happens. I'm so blessed!

4) My school. I go to a great school and I love my major. Again, so blessed!

5) My skinID acne treatment. It's working!! :)

6) My friends. I love my friends! Thanks for everything you amazing people. :)

7) The gospel. I have such a strong and sure knowledge of it. I love my Savior and I am so grateful for all he has done for me. Once again, I am so blessed.

8) A working, healthy, able body. I used to not be very grateful for my body, but I truly am now. Our bodies are amazing!

9) Books. I love books. I love to read. I love escaping into someone else's imagination for a while. It's exhilarating.

10) The scriptures. Absolutely amazing. Once more... I am so blessed!

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving everyone! I love you alll!!!

3 comments:

Kevin said...

cute pic with whatever that is. you can pucker up anytime. j/k but sounds like you had a good thanksgiving. :)

Trisha Jo said...

I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving! Love ya!

Hansen Family said...

I wish i were there it sound like so much fun!