Quote of the Day

"Oh don't be so stupid of course we intend to resist, just give us a moment!"

~Disney's The Three Musketeers


Thursday, February 5, 2009

Boys and Girls...

Ok, so we've all wondered at this question for a long time, right? Well, I do believe I have stumbled upon the answer.
At work the other day, my supervisor, Michael, was telling me how a table was impressed that he could take their order in his head and repeat it back perfectly. I too was impressed - I have an excellent memory and I know I couldn't do it! I am totally relient upon my pad and pen. :) I mentioned to Michael that a lot of the guys at the BO could do that, and that I was totally jealous.

Then Michael said something BRILLIANT. He was like, "Well, Abbie, when you're at a table, you're thinking of about a billion things at a time right? Like what you need to do next, what you want to do that night, all that jazz, right?" - I totally agreed with him - "Well, when a guy's at a table, that's all he's thinking about. Just that one table. Guys are awful multi-taskers, we have to focus. So we're really good at memorizing orders. Girls can get the order taken down correctly while thinking of five different things at the same time."

Wow. How brilliant. And succinct. This is the answer to the age-old question of what makes boys different from girls.

So, in conclusion:

Boys:
-Focus on one thing and one thing entirely. When they are doing something, that is where their focus is. A very nice little talent!

-However... they may forget to do other things... because they are so focused. Not so good.

Girls:
-Think about 10 things at once while balancing 5 or 6 other things. Great for getting things done!

-However... can seem a little "out of it" sometimes because of this. There's just too much going on!

So. Good and bad for both. It's nice to know. :)

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Is that why I have such a hard time remebering things? That explains a lot!!

Hansen Family said...

That is one very true thing about guys and girls. sometimes i wish i didn't think abouta millioin things at once.