Quote of the Day

"Oh don't be so stupid of course we intend to resist, just give us a moment!"

~Disney's The Three Musketeers


Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The unknown smell...

Ok friends, I need some help/advice...
There is a smell in my kitchen. It's been there for weeks and we can't figure out where it's coming from!! We've cleaned out the fridge - TWICE. We take out the garbage every day. We do the dishes and run the dishwasher every day. And yet this smell still persists.

We can't even figure out where its coming from!! When you open the fridge - it smells. When you turn on the disposal - it smells. When you open the dishwasher - it smells. Is there something that connects all three that could possibly be causing this problem?

It's truly disgusting. Really. So if any of you have suggestions or ideas they would be greatly appreciated. I'm tired of my apartment smelling rotten.

Thanks much :)

5 comments:

Marianne said...

Check under the sink. You never know what's under there! It's strange that you smell at all three places. Run some baking soda or a lime (cut up)through the disposal. Gool luck!

Ben and Janelle said...

Take a scrub brush with a handle and scrub around inside the disposal, and even buy a bottle of amonia to pour down the drain and let it sit without any water running through the pipes for a couple hours. Put an open box of baking soda in the fridge and be sure you cleaned all the drawers and crevices...anything that will move needs to be taken out and cleaned behind. Try cleaning the freezer. Clean out the garbage can with soap. Check and clean under the sink. I don't know what to tell you about the dishwasher. Other than that...air fresheners!

Bryn said...

Did I ever tell you the story about the dead mouse under or fridge? Well, if I haven't remind me to next time I see ya, although it might make you sick.

Anonymous said...

Hey Abbs,
All the above are good ideas. I would also check under the fridg. Most fridgs have a tray under it that slides out and catches water that drips from above. I have pulled that out before and founds some slimmy, stinky stuff before so try that. I have also found that bleach kills most everything. Put some in you DW and run it thru a quick rinse cycle. That might help that. Don't hesitate looking in other places for more bad guys. Potatoes lerking in cupboards, etc. can really stink if they have gone bad. Good Luck Kiddo and let me know. love ya

Sarah Jane said...

My solution is to ALWAYS HAVE A CANDLE BURNING!!! Haha... It's what I like to call the easy way out